Wednesday, December 30, 2015

I am Yours

I just finished reading an article that I needed to share.

http://www.collegeandseminary.com/college-life/9-sins-christian-college-students-are-ok-with/

I know, the title seems a bit strong, but hang with me. Click on the link and read the ENTIRE article, then come back and read this post.

I don't know about you, but I am feeling big-time conviction. Fear, worry,  apathy, even gluttony... all the sins named, things I would say are not problems I have, but as I read the author's words, I began to see those areas in my life and I never want to go back.

As I gazed over the next sin, each time my stomach dropped, not wanting to see my sins, to feel my disgrace. But, just as the conviction sets in, Jesus comes. I'm not perfect, but He is. He gives me new life. He cleans my sins. That doesn't mean I should continue to sin freely, though. It means I am forgiven. It means I am unconditionally loved. It means that I am His. 

My God hates sin, but loves me. Do you know what that means? It means that I am not my sins. I am not defined by the mistakes I make. I can be forgiven, and wiped clean. In fact, I have already been. God payed the price for my sin. Why did He do that? I'm such a horrible disgrace to Him and His kingdom. Why would He choose to save me? LOVE. He saved me. He saved you. Because He loves me. Because He loves you. Because HE IS LOVE.

God, you are my one and only. You are who I will live for. Not man. Not myself. Not fame. Not fortune. You. Only You. I AM YOURS.
Take me, Lord.



1 comment:

  1. Wow Megan! You are spot on! God bless you little sister! I love you!

    ReplyDelete