Friday, January 22, 2016

Listen Up! ; Guilty

Hi all!
Just a precursor to this blog post; it is completely honest, my heart. This is a huge battle I am facing right now in my life, everyday. If you feel this way, always know that I am here, that you can email me anytime. Find my email address in my profile.

Yesterday I had the immense pleasure of screening God's Not Dead 2, which comes to theaters April 1. It is an amazing movie, with an even greater message. Watch the preview I've attached before you finish this post.


Alright, doesn't that just give you such an excitement? Now, think deep down, would you be able to stand your ground and stand up for Jesus? Would you give up the battle before it even begins? Are you afraid for people to know you are a Christian? Do you skip around your words so that no one will know you love God? 

These are questions that I, unfortunately, answered in a way that I know makes my God so, so sad. My God, who stood up for, and DIED for me. And I can't even tell friends that I listen to Christian music. Why? Am I ashamed? Absolutely not! Am I afraid they'll make fun of me? Why do we have so much trouble merely living our lives joyfully and without worry, just as God tells us to? Why do we have so mush trouble standing up for the God that created us, loved us, died for us? 

Newsboys wrote a song not too long ago called "Guilty", and I'd like you to listen to it now before continuing. 




When did it become breaking a rule
To say your name out loud in school
When your names the only one that sets us free
When did it become incorrect
To speak the truth about life and death
When your life gave us all eternity

Even if it gets me convicted
I'll be on my knees with my hands lifted

If serving you's against the law of man
If living out my faith in you is banned
Then I'll stand right before the jury

If saying I believe is out of line
If I'm judged cause I'm gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty

I'll rise up and honor you
I'll testify to all the good you do
Cause your Grace and your Mercy have overtaken me

So even if it gets me convicted
I'll be on my knees with my hands lifted

Then I want to be Guilty by association
Guilty of being a voice proclaiming Your ways
Your truth
Your life
I'll pay the price to be your light

My prayer is that my brothers and sisters in Christ and I would be able to speak freely, that we can have the overwhelming excitement and pure joy that God brings to our lives all the time. That we can openly give an answer to where our joy comes from, where our hope is from. That our lives will reflect and shine the Light that gives us life.






No comments:

Post a Comment